Director, Inbound SalesApply Now Date posted 05/22/2019 Requisition Number: 241875BR Location: United States - Missouri - St Ann Area of Interest: Business Development, Content Development, Content Programming, Customer Service, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Director of Inbound Sales is totally responsible for directing Inbound Sales centers as far as performance to budget, staffing to budget, obtainment of quota, and development of this channel per the growth outlines as determined by the Senior Leadership team. Responsible for assigned revenue growth targets through the acquisition of new small business customers. This position is responsible for and oversees the Sales Specialists, Leads, QDC reps, Supervisors, and the individual Center Managers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Motivate and drive performance of all call centers, as well as make decisions that are in Charter’s best interests.
- Direct the attainment of key performance indicators including sales, revenue, close rate, bundle sell-in, productivity, quality, and service levels
- Continuing to look at the Sales Centers and how they fit in to this marketplace, and positioning them to be industry leading in customer service, and internal quota performance.
- Direct the budget process including quota setting, roll up of quotas to supervisors and managers, managing departmental expenditures and staying within budget guidelines, and running a fiscally responsible division.
- Spearhead ongoing development within all levels of the organization.
- Direct the development and implementation of market strategies to gain new market share and be able to make decisions on when and when not to test and/or continue an initiative.
- Ensure the Inbound Sales organization is in compliance with laws and regulations relating to call center operations
- As the business grows, assist executive leadership in developing business plans that include capacity planning, technological infrastructure development, process improvement, etc
- Direct and recommend necessary corporate initiatives and/or changes needed, to support department growth and compliance.
- Create culture to improve sales performance through better processes, technology and methodologies
- Developing sound and timely business practices to drive short and long term sales performance.
- Interface with other departments through written and verbal communications, specifically, but not limited to
- Marketing- Work to coordinate marketing activity that will drive increased calls to the centers within the desired audience and with relevant and timely messaging.
- Training – Interface to identify Sales Specialists areas for improvement and coordinate ongoing training initiatives that will foster continuous improvement and be in-line with long term strategies.
- Business Analysts – Coordinate and design the reporting needed to diagnose, identify trends and readily dashboard the status to your leadership team.
- Field leadership – Coordinate efforts and process, to insure consistency and best in class process are being leveraged.
- Operations – Work to ensure all deals are moving effectively from order to cash as efficiently and effectively as possible. Work to make changes in any area of opportunity identified, to insure a positive customer and employee experience.
- Compensation/Incentives teams – Interface with financial teams to create compensation plans, incentives for motivation and to manage and monitor on target earnings expectations.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong sales aptitude with verifiable track record of success leading sales operations in a call center environment
- Marketing background in a call center environment
- Proven sales and service performance in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments, with demonstrated ability to build teams, organizational capability, processes, and required tools and technology solutions
- Deep understanding of Call Center best practices in selling, service, and profitable operation
- Excellent working knowledge of financial measurements and analytical skills and ability to analyze business results and implement strategies or tactics required to optimize/correct business performance.
- Creative thinker and problem solver
Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
10+ years of Overall business experience
7-10 years of Call Center Leadership experience
7-10 years of Inbound Sales/Marketing experience in telecommunications
7-10 years of Management experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go