Administrative Assistant IIApply Now Date posted 01/10/2019 Requisition Number: 233576BR Location: United States - Texas - San Antonio Zip Code: 78249 Area of Interest: Administrative/Clerical, Customer Service, Operations/General, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Perform high-level general administrative support for a VP. Process documents of varying complexity. Maintain records for ready access and compiles various reports requiring in-depth knowledge of Company and department procedures and practices. Has contact with customers, suppliers and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft correspondence based on guidelines from VP. Compose, transcribe and prepare a variety of professional documents such as memos, letters, incoming and outgoing departmental mail and correspondence, reports and minutes.
- Prepare and maintain confidential information and correspondence.
- Create routine to moderately complex spreadsheets that contain formulas and special formatting; produce various charts including bar, line, graph and pie.
- Prepare Travel & Entertainment reports, and report status of open purchase orders.
- Perform a variety of clerical support activities including appointment scheduling, making travel arrangements, photocopying and other related clerical activities. Coordinate and monitor routine departmental activities, to include regional/area office activity.
- Organize and maintain filing system and department records.
- Operate the telephone efficiently. Answer phones in a timely manner and take accurate, complete and legible phone message. Back-up other administrative assistants with telephone coverage.
- Track employee timesheets and distribute copies to payroll; may maintain departments’ vacation and sick leave information.
- Assist other departments whenever necessary, as assigned by the Executive Assistant to the President.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent education. Completion of post-high school education and/or college courses a plus.
• Minimum of five years administrative assistant experience, providing support at a director level or above.
• Exceptional computer skills; proficient in the use of personal computers and various software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Explorer/Internet and Org+).
• Ability to type 65 words per minute with accuracy. Proficient with various office equipment such as telephone system, e-mail, scanner, digital camera, facsimile machine, printer, plotter, PC overhead projector, calculator and photocopier.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills that require minimal daily supervision.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to interact effectively with other department personnel, company management, and customers.
• Ability to manage several projects at one time on a daily basis.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go