Sr Storage AdministratorApply Now Date posted 06/28/2019 Requisition Number: 243275BR Location: United States - South Carolina - Simpsonville Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Sr. Storage Administrator will be responsible for management of storage solutions for managed and dedicated storage services including storage arrays, replication appliances, fiber channel switches and associated cloning, snap and replication software. Responsible for providing guidance to Storage Administrators when problems arise or when transitioning newly deployed environments to day to day operational support teams.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Develop and manage storage technologies, SAN disaster recovery technologies, business continuity components and procedures.
- Solves storage performance issues and handles requests through ServiceNow,
- Provide guidance to storage administrators.
- Reviews / modifies workflows for greater efficiency and works with Storage Engineers to ensure the environment is running optimally.
- Coordinates upgrade / maintenance activities.
- Work with vendors to ensure environment is properly implemented, configured, managed and maintained.
- Works with multiple teams (DBA, Servers, Networks and applications) and Project Managers to deliver storage solutions.
- Fine tunes and creates procedures that can be handed down to operational team members as well as create / modify Maintenance Operation Protocols (MOPs) for change control items.
- Automate repeatable operational procedures.
- Develop capacity planning methodologies for the large enterprise organizations.
- Works independently and in a team environment.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Expert knowledge of deployment and configuration management
- Must be highly motivated with good interpersonal skills and excellent technical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Expert technical knowledge of Brocade Fiber Channel switches. Administration with both GUI and CLI
- Expert knowledge of FC and Network cable mediums and connectivity types.
- Expert knowledge of EMC VMAX, Isilon, Hitachi USPV, VSP & HNAS
- Expert knowledge of NetApp storage with Snap Mirror, CIFS, NFS and PCP protocols
- Expert knowledge of various operating systems as it relates to fiber channel connected LUNs, Unix MPIO, PowerPath and Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager (HDLM)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ServiceNow ticketing system
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of business users in a professional manner
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform after-hours tasks
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
8-10 years of experience supporting enterprise storage solutions, developing storage migration designs and overseeing large migrations between data centers
Requires at least 8 years’ experience in Storage Management
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge and understanding of ServiceNOW and Clarity
Knowledge of various operating systems as it relates to fiber channel connected LUNs, Unix MPIO, Powerpath and Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager (HDLM)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.