2020 Spectrum Intern: Business InternshipApply Now Date posted 09/10/2019 Requisition Number: 248899BR Location: United States - Missouri - St Louis Area of Interest: Business Development, Communications, Internship, Legal Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Work with the Program Management Office manager to create new reports, document new project management processes and coordinate communication of key governance functions to the broader organization.
- Manage critical government subsidized programs
- Combine your sharp business acumen with your understanding of client’s needs to manage more than $200M worth of eligible program revenue.
- Assist internal and external clients with program eligibility rules.
- Effectively resolve escalations and questions
- Ensure all accounts are compliant with the program requirements and retain client information in accordance with company policies and regulatory requirements
Potential titles may include
- Project Management Analyst
- Government Subsidized Programs Analyst
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze data while applying complex information and general ledger knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and patience with internal and external clients in person and over the phone
- Aptitude for grasping new concepts to drive improvements with the ability to translate and communicate complex conclusions to all levels of an organization
- Attention to detail skills
- Project and time management skills
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- Advanced excel skills
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.