2021 Summer Intern: Information TechnologyApply Now Date posted 09/09/2020 Requisition Number: 267409BR Location: United States - Missouri - St Louis Area of Interest: Application Support/Development, IT Management/Project Management, IT Services/Support Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Network Engineering
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Perform project research using applicable Charter systems (SharePoint, Chalk). Analyze business requirements and translate to IT functional requirements/user stories along with Traceability. Review deliverables created by IT BSAs (Business Systems Analyst) and understand the content significance.
- Responsible for translating business strategy and needs into defined projects to ensure alignment between the business and IT. Understand existing and proposed business processes and information system capabilities to assist with planning cross-departmental solutions that will benefit the enterprise.
- Support the financial strategy, planning, and analysis needs of IT, including annual budgeting, quarterly forecasts, justification forms, headcount dashboards, contractor reporting, SOW management, and aggregation/communication to IT leadership.
- Technical research and documentation into new and existing data stores and API interfaces for a variety of projects in the Agent Portals (Gateway) application space. Review behind the scenes functionality and systems interaction of call center and support tool sets. Analyze desired functionality enhancements against current system capabilities to support Solution Architecture in developing an architectural roadmap.
- Work with team (or lead segments) of program to identify and intervene with intermediaries that enable theft of services or content. This can include identifying intermediary for different providers, categorizing by type, understanding existing Charter relationship, and defining possible methods of intervention.
Potential titles may include
- Application Developer
- Associate Business Analyst
- Associate Project Manager
- Cyber Security Engineer
- eCommerce Application Developer
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- System Database Administrator
- Web Services Developer
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Analytical skills
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Business Analysis
- Coding, programming
- Cyber Security
- Data science and analytics
- Database query languages
- Front end development
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Git 6
- Oral and written skills
- Organizational skills
- Predictive modeling, machine learning
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
- Project and time management skills
- QA Process
- Scripting and reporting
- Sharepoint Administration
- Software development skills
- TCP/IP internetworking
- Technical analytical tools such as VBA, SQL, SAS, Tableau
- Technical documentation
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.