Cost Analyst - Circuit Operations
St Louis, Missouri
At Spectrum, Corporate Finance is a strong, interconnected network of specialists, including Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit, Financial Analysis, and Business Planning. We support the needs of a multibillion-dollar business and provide essential resources to the many thousands of employees who rely on us for our accuracy and efficiency. We anticipate the needs of a growing company and customer base, delivering effective solutions and making a measurable difference. Are you prepared to scale? Get ready to think forward with Spectrum.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Experienced
- Career Progression
- Company Perks
What makes you successful in Corporate Finance?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Goal Oriented
- Problem Solver
Hear from Our Team
From the start I could tell there was really strong support from Finance leadership. I’ve been here for almost five months and not one close has been the same. There are always things that make the work interesting and not repetitive. Everyone on the team is extremely helpful, from my manager and co-workers all the way to the group VP.Brandon, Senior Finance Associate
When I started working three years ago, I noticed right away that there were several opportunities for me to learn and grow within the business! The leadership in our department focuses on giving us the time and resources we need to be successful in our jobs, and consistently provides new ways to help us learn more about Accounts Payable as a whole. With the support of both my co-workers and my management team, I have been able to thrive within my position and feel connected within the Charter community.Nicolle, Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist
I have the benefit of working for a team that consistently invests in and supports its people. As a direct testament to that, all of our Directors and most Managers are the result of internal promotions. I love working for internal audit because it provides a unique exposure to many different people and areas of the company. Whether it is developing audit plans, brainstorming with the team or presenting to Management - I enjoy and grow from what I do and the people who I do it with.Shannon, Senior Director, Internal Audit Services
Connecting You To Comprehensive Benefits
We have plans to suit every individual and family.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
Spectrum wants to help you get more out of life, take care of what you need to outside the office and make things a little easier. We provide:
We strive to keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office
We support continuing education for personal and professional development, including tuition reimbursement and sponsored learning opportunities
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick time, personal days, and holidays
Access company services at little to no cost, where available
Retirement Savings Plans
100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay; Retirement Accumulation Plan for roles below Director level
Health Benefits, Life Insurance, and Disability
Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision), Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 04/28/2021 Requisition Number: 280545BR Location: United States - Missouri - St Louis Area of Interest: Finance and Accounting Position Type: Full Time
This Cost Analyst supports analyzing and interpreting accounting, financial and statistical data. This Cost Analyst will support preparation of financial statement subledger reporting and invoice analysis, research billing discrepancies with vendors, review vendor contracts, perform quality of service trending and similar initiatives, conduct service outage analysis, and execute project-based initiatives or special analyses, as required. This Cost Analyst will provide daily and weekly reporting to leadership teams and will support marketing and research projects for the Voice Network.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports analysis and interpretation of statistical telephony metrics, financial and other statistical data, provides analytical information to support Quality of Service and financial statement reporting
- Analysis and interpretation of billing support data produced by internal sources and/or the vendor, including trouble-shooting for anomalies, provide quality of service trends and rate validation
- Notify, file and track vendor discrepancies, as determined by in-depth analysis
- Anticipates and predicts additions, changes and deletions that should reflect in the next monthly billing and usage
- Analyzes and interprets monthly cost variances and trends as reported by Finance
- Design and build database query reports to enable decision making and support weekly and monthly trends
- Collaborate with vendors and support vendor relationship management by holding periodic calls with vendors. Provide monthly review assessments to support periodic calls.
- Assists in research of contracts to determine vendor compliance with quality of service and contractual rating.
- Audits monthly rates to contractual terms for multiple vendors to support various on-going cost-savings initiatives.
- Determines, quantifies and summarizes actual monthly cost, compares to predictions and provides potential accrual impact statements.
- Identifies and investigates problems in financial processes as it relates to recording of monthly cost invoices and recommends continuous improvement opportunities.
- Collects and analyzes Customer Experience information unique to the Telephony environment, monitors and trends, provide trending statements
- Engage Network Operations verticals and others as necessary to troubleshoot and mitigate observed Customer Experience negative trends.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Finance / Accounting experience
- Minimum two (2) years of professional work experience in Analysis and Audit of invoices
- Minimum two (2) years of professional work experience with an Accounting or Invoicing Systems Application, such as SAP, Sage, CABS or PeopleSoft.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to analyze and interpret invoice and billing data in a detailed manner, and communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and straightforward manner.
- Applying analytical skills across multiple cross-functional data sets simultaneously
- In-depth understanding of the Telephony environment, with exposure to call details statistics such as Answer Rate and Average Length of Call
- Exposure to Carrier Relationships, necessary to understand the importance of clear communications and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Understanding of common Telecom terms, understanding of LERG
- Familiarization with Least Cost Routing service, and Call Detail Records
- Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications products and services.
- Capable of Managing multiple projects and tasks, able to plan, prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to use critical thinking to make decisions and problem solve issues while working under pressure, and to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties and work independently.
- Work well with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations.
- Proficient knowledge of PC, systems operation and software applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Intermediate to Advanced functions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access.
- Office environment
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.