Senior Systems Analyst, Operations - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 02/11/2019 Requisition Number: 235455BR Location: United States - Missouri - St Louis Area of Interest: Business Affairs/Development/Analysis, Operations/General, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of application and reporting solutions to address business needs. Someone in this role possesses a detailed understanding of business processes, and the systems utilized for implementation to achieve Company goals. This position provides detailed analysis to business problems utilizing data from disparate sources. They design, recommend, and implement solutions to business problems to assist management, leadership, and end users to meet business goals in various operational areas within the company. Systems Analysts are the liaisons between the Business Analysts and the technical solution providers such as Engineering, IT and/or third-party solution providers.
What you will do
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience
- Produce detailed analysis, documentation, and recommendations to management and leadership regarding business problems, business improvement, and business performance.
- Design and implement reporting and application solutions to provide increased efficiency and consistency, higher employee satisfaction, improved client experience, and reduced costs.
- Gather, analyze, refine, validate, document and maintain complex systems requirements for all opportunity to cash order flow activities for all lines of business (video, data, voice) for residential and commercial services.
- Analyze system interdependencies, system requirements, risks and risk mitigators that could impact or be impacted by the delivery of new products, services, processes and/or support technologies. This includes assessing and communicating the impact of systems changes and/or outages to the business.
- Define, document, implement and track related systems rules/policies/configurations.
- Understand business processes/functions supported by existing process enablers vs. manual.
- Recommend and support implementation and business process redesign business processes where applicable to leverage available or new technologies/capabilities.
- Translate functional specifications into systems/technical specifications for use by DBAs and/or developers for system configuration and deployment.
- Maintain a library of systems/technical specifications via Change Management processes.
- Create and maintain a library of test cases and traceability to documented business and system requirements.
- Function as the liaison between the Business Analysts and the technical support personnel such as IT/OSS/Billing/third-party suppliers DBAs, developers, integrators, etc. to properly interpret and deliver to the technical specifications.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
- Five years of systems analysis experience
- Five years of software development and implementation experience
- Three or more years of project management experience
- Three or more of years telecommunications experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to quickly identify business problems/opportunities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to define key performance indicators/metricss
- Ability to document, prepare and present data-driven presentations
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer & software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Cross-functional management skills
- Knowledge of process and project management
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business administration or a related field, or equivalent education, training and experience (required)
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go