Production Specialist I - Spectrum Bay News 9Apply Now Date posted 10/04/2019 Requisition Number: 250062BR Location: United States - Florida - St. Petersburg Area of Interest: News, Production, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Production Specialist I will perform Director/TD duties in addition to the responsibilities of a media editor/audio operator OR perform master control duties in addition to the responsibilities of a media editor/audio operator. Production Specialist I must be able to fulfill three of the four competencies on a consistent basis within Operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clearly communicate with all Spectrum Networks personnel internally and externally
- Operate robotic camera controls and audio mixing console
- Set-up and maintain studio equipment
- Tune in microwave/satellite shots
- Familiarity with bonded cellular software and user interface
- Ingest media using remote control software of video servers
- Edit news wheel content using non-linear editing systems
- Establish and enforce editing protocol within the newsroom
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Cover master control duties in the absence of a Master Control Operator
- Exhibit excellent customer skills and be attentive to all departments needs
- Monitor on-air product quality and automation system for multiple program streams
- Coordination of media resources among Spectrum Networks
- Coordinate program play out with editorial staff and control room staff
- Cover directing duties in the absence of a Director/TD
- Direct and technical direct the audio and visual portions of live and recorded content through the use of automated production systems
- Promote teamwork within a positive work environment
- Exhibit consistent leadership skills when performing directing duties
- Have competent understanding/skills related to shot composition, lighting and aesthetics
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Management: Must have the ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Applications: Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including knowledge/skills with, audio mixers, robotic camera controls, production automation systems, newsroom editorial software, non-linear editing systems, microwave/satellite systems, and automated on-air playout systems. Familiar with video switchers, automated graphics systems and video servers
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors. Professional courtesy and respect are vital at all times. Consistent ability to use positive language
- Teamwork: Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving. Must work effectively within a team environment
- Dependable self-starter who can operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy. Strong attention to detail and desire to excel. Must also be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Familiar with master control operations and/or possess technical directing skills
- Must adhere to attendance guidelines
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in a fast paced news environment
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.