2020 Summer Intern: Marketing InternshipApply Now Date posted 02/15/2020 Requisition Number: 248867BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Internship, Marketing Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Public Relations
- Data Science
- Advanced Analytics
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Assist the Competitive Intelligence team with research, data compilation, reporting, and analysis
- Measurement of competitive overlap; tracking of competitor’s products and internet speeds, and market share
- Review and proofing of customer communications material
- Marketing tactic execution (set up and execution of tactics)
- Gain an understanding of direct mail and email and the impact of direct marketing within Charter's overall marketing program
- Help to maintain email campaign schedules and proof email campaigns
- Produce open, click and conversion reports for email campaigns
- Monitor and report on direct mail expenses for incremental and national DM campaigns
- Assist with merchandising re-set planning and execution, field photo compliance, including plan-o-gram software monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Assist in messaging and creative design of presentations for internal and external partner’s related to all merchandising collateral and processes within retail stores (marketing, technology, hardware, etc.)
- Assist in crafting cross-divisional communication for all project tracking, implementation and updates.
- Assist the Sales Operations teams with research, reporting, analysis and customer service
- Prepare and conduct quantitative surveys from field sales on performance of existing sales support software tools
- Prepare results analysis and Power Point presentation for Leaders and Focus group participants
- Assist in the build out of our marketing segmentation process by identifying prospects who would respond similarly to marketing strategies and who share traits such as similar firmographic makeup, need, or locations
- Assist in the planning and executing of full scale events across our footprint to include large internal events such as Sales Leadership Summit along with smaller client hosted events such as US Open tennis as well as trade shows
- Conduct desk research on technology trends, competitors, industries, etc.
- Conduct market research surveys (planning, survey design, data analysis and final reporting)
Potential Internship titles may include
- Marketing Analytics – Competitive Intelligence Intern
- Marketing Communications Intern
- Marketing Specialist Intern
- Retail Development and Merchandising Intern
- Sales Analyst/Process Intern
- Direct Marketing Intern
- National Events Intern
- Market Research Intern
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- General knowledge marketing
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project and time management skills
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong data science and analytics skills
- Technical analytical tools such as VBA, SQL, SAS
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.