2021 Summer Internship: Data AnalyticsApply Now Date posted 11/13/2020 Requisition Number: 270523BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Information Technology, Intern, Marketing Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above or Masters level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Cloud Engineering
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Strategic Planning
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- The Data Analyst will join our Analytics team - a team that re-imagined our data analytics from the ground up. We started with web tracking and attribution (Adobe) , then moved into reporting automation (SQL and Datorama) and are now driving a shift from descriptive reporting to actionable and insightful dashboarding.
- Our team is also frontline in detecting anomalies in key performance metrics that alert account managers for intervention. These initiatives directly impact almost every aspect of our company and are critical to driving our continued growth.
- We are looking for a highly motivated individual that is excited by new opportunities and the potential to have a large impact.
- Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, organized, and professional with the desire to take ownerships.
1. Report Creation – Work with campaigns teams to create custom reports for high value clients that focus on their unique KPIs and reporting needs. Use experience with the above to drive the next generation of insightful and actionable dashboards in Datorama, Excel, and Alteryx.
2. Reporting Automation – Use existing web-based tools to query data from our sources (Adobe, Media etc.) and assist in developing new tools for pulling data from other sources (Salesforce, Eloqua etc). Automate reports using Alteryx, SQL, and Datorama.
3. Process Improvement – Identify weaknesses in existing processes and implement corrective actions. This includes streamlining our project management process, documenting around account team FAQs, and cleaning up our Analytics internal documentation.
4. Marketing Data – Dig into the data presented in platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Facebook Ads and understand what is happening with performance. Understand metrics like impressions, clicks, CTR, conversions, CVR, ROAS, Click-through vs. View-through, attribution windows and modes, path to conversion, A/B testing, etc.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Data Analytics
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.