Analyst, Database Marketing Campaign OperationsApply Now Date posted 02/11/2019 Requisition Number: 233556BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Direct Marketing, Market/Media Research, Marketing, Product Management, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
The Analyst of Database Marketing Campaign Operations is responsible for lead generation, quality execution, and marketing analytics within a given marketing channel (Direct Mail, Email, Direct Sales, and Outbound Telemarketing). This includes marketing aimed at individual consumers and small-to-medium-sized Businesses. This individual is expected to create leads based on provided criteria and create analytics on tactic performance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Generate quality leads and optimize volumes for marketing campaigns
- Works with complex data in a relational database environment, and uses numerous data sources to determine the best approach to create leads and measure strategy performance. Creates robust controls for list generation
- Serves as a Business Analyst who is able to consult with their marketing peers on future strategies, explain variances in volumes month to month, provides performance reporting, and manages marketing projects.
- Manages the development of standard and ad hoc reports related to the data warehouse and data append processes.
- Designs complex campaign lists, works with channel marketers, and responds to list selection requests for direct marketing campaigns, research efforts, business issue analyses, etc.
- Manages toll-free number assignment, tracking, resting and reuse.
- Ensures all data capture needs are met, including file hygiene and offer history.
- Ensures the integrity of data in the direct-to-consumer marketing data warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong SQL skills and a deep understanding of table relationships
- Excel, pivot tables
- Expertise with campaign management or automated marketing tools (i.e. Unica, Aprimo, Epiphany, etc., Unica experience preferred)
- Ability to communicate in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to execute campaign management projects working in a large environment with multiple campaign channels
- Ability to translate campaign strategies into data extract files and ensure secure delivery on time
- Ability to conduct campaign performance analysis and communicate results to cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively in order to manage multiple projects and tasks at one time
- Ability to manage all phases of a large project from beginning to end with sufficient autonomy
- Ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical and business experience
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations based on analysis and expertise
- Honesty, integrity and ethics
- Should be comfortable with data, managing tables, using SQL, and number tools required for campaign management (UNICA, RedPoint, Altryx) and reporting (MicroStrategy, Tableau)
- Strong attention to detail balanced with the ability to think strategically
- Highly developed capacity for teamwork and a strong focus on the customer
- Penchant to work with a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management, Business, Finance or related discipline
- MBA /Masters preferred
- Database marketing experience; 4+ years
- Project Management; 4+ years
- Marketing Analytics; 4+ years
- Expertise in Process Management, LEAN / Six Sigma methodologies
- Knowledge of cable television, high speed Internet and phone products and services preferred
- Office Environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go