Director, Process Engineering - Business PlanningApply Now Date posted 08/27/2019 Requisition Number: 248082BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Finance and Accounting, Network Operations, Procurement, Project Management, Strategic Planning Position Type: Full Time
Research and analyze operational activities including business processes, internal controls, policies and procedures, and internal reporting. Develop and recommend process improvements for improved efficiencies and compliance. Create reference materials and train team members and business partners on processes. As requested, aid in strategy creation and execution. Areas of support may include workflow, budgeting and forecasting, workforce reporting, asset procurement and tracking and progress toward strategic goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research operational activities and processes. Use operational knowledge to identify improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and controls. Develop action plans to address process improvement areas.
- Lead a team of cross-department personnel (e.g., process owners, auditors, accountants, business planners, developers) to gain agreement on process, document procedures, perform testing, validate findings and summarize observations. Use strong relationship building, collaboration and consensus-building skills.
- Develop and enhance internal process documentation, including process flowcharts, risk and control documentation, business context diagrams, system overviews and management summaries. Ensure information is accurate and easily understood.
- Identify, analyze, evaluate and implement standardized processes and procedures in identified areas of the business. Ensure processes meet or exceed technical and business requirements. Track and promote productivity and efficiency.
- Oversee documentation development on the recommended use of tools, including process flows and reporting.
- Perform advanced excel analysis of data from varying data sources. In collaboration with other data owners, validate data accuracy and completeness. Validate summary analysis and observations.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on action plans. Audiences include individual team members up through the executive level.
- Oversee multiple projects at once.
- Provide summary status updates to Sr. Director Business Planning, Project Stakeholders and Network Operations Management.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least eight (8) years accounting / finance experience
- Minimum five (5) years management experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in systems processes, project planning and operational analysis.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Expertise in developing, evaluating and documenting internal controls and processes
- Strong flowcharting and process documentation skills.
- Advanced Excel data analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems, applications, and business processes and procedures.
- Deadline-oriented and highly disciplined.
- Can easily and effectively self-manage.
- Ability to make effective presentations, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interface and communicate with department managers, VPs and SVPS.
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls to mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
- Proven mastery of PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point).
- Strong business systems skills.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of business operations, including: sales, customer service, billing, collections, field operations and accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and question assumptions and find creative and effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly disposition to effectively collaborate with business unit personnel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Access Database and Visio.
- Knowledge of SQL and Macro a plus.
- Five (5) years Telecommunications experience.
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.