Manager, Digital Marketing - Content Strategy & SEOApply Now Date posted 08/12/2019 Requisition Number: 245418BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Content Development, Marketing Position Type: Full Time
As a Manager of Content Strategy/SEO, you will work cross-functionally with our Digital Marketing, Creative, Product and Development teams to lead Content and SEO initiatives to create a seamless customer journey throughout the entire shopping experience while driving organic growth across all web properties. This individual will manage our top-tier SEO agency and ensure we implement SEO best practices to grow traffic and increase conversion rates and revenue. You will be an expert in optimizing content, develop link-building initiatives, maximize keywords, and manage our copywriters to ensure that all our online marketing content is written with a direct-response focus, follows brand guidelines, and in a tone that helps customers through their buying process. In this role, you will be an integral part of our strategic marketing process so that our services (Spectrum TV, Internet, Voice, Mobile) are accurately depicted throughout our websites. In addition, by owning this content, you will enable all pages to have improved search engine crawlability and indexation. As a high impact and highly visible position, there is strong support from the executive team to invest and succeed in driving continuous organic growth, as well as engineering resources to implement site enhancements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Collaborate with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs to shape our customer's experience by creating useful, meaningful copy and help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple websites.
- Achieve a unified voice across websites so that customers are easily lead through their buying decision.
- Experience leading usability studies, working with user research and analyzing customer feedback.
- Ability to help define and maintain brand voice and tailor content for mobile experiences.
- Write and maintain a Content Strategy and Offer playbook that clearly explains how we speak to our customers, what our Products entail, required legal language/disclaimers, and how we go to market within digital marketing
- Own the responsibility for the strategy and execution of large-scale organic search projects for America's fastest-growing TV, Internet and Voice provider.
- Dive into SEO-relevant data to transform data sets into actionable insights and develop tactical next steps to drive organic acquisition.
- Creation and ownership of overarching SEO strategy for various properties. Ensuring website technical health adheres to SEO best practices. Execution of on-page product and template meta data content optimization.
- Provide strategic guidance and critical thinking for organic initiatives, serving as a key consultant for multiple groups with different goals and processes.
- Partner closely with copywriters to create compelling content rooted in organic search data and best practices
- Build relationships with and educate individuals on the value of organic and content marketing to turn strategies into actions.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders across the company and facilitate communication between teams
- Employ strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work independently and make decisions autonomously
- Knowledge of ecommerce metrics and analytics to determine page performance, opportunities to optimize sales and plan new testing strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at one time
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to manage all phases of a large project from beginning to end with sufficient autonomy
- Ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical and business experience
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to conduct formal presentations to all levels of management on issues or findings in assigned areas or subjects
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations based o analysis and expertise
- Strong attention to detail, balanced with the ability to think strategically
- Highly developed capacity for teamwork and a strong focus on the customer
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint; proficient in other desktop applications
- demonstrating the ability to set and meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining accuracy and efficiency in deliverables
Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline and/or an equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
6-8 years Marketing experience
3-4 years Managing website development
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of cable television, high speed Internet and phone products and services preferred
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.