Manager, Marketing & Creative Strategy-Direct MailApply Now Date posted 02/06/2019 Requisition Number: 228182BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Direct Marketing, Marketing, Promotions/Advertising, Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice Company. Plus, we’ve now launched Spectrum Mobile. We’re at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect more than 26 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our employees. Join our Team as we continue to grow and to bring SPECTRUM to the communities we serve.
“Charter’s 94,000 employees are the keys to its success. Through quality craftsmanship we take pride in providing industry-leading products and services for our customers. There’s an exciting future ahead for Charter. I invite you to help us create it.”
- Tom Rutledge, President & CEO
The Manager, Marketing & Creative Strategy-Direct Mail is responsible for the execution of effective direct response campaigns and tactics to drive company growth. In this role you will have the opportunity to manage direct response campaigns and projects from inception to completion, including post campaign analysis and summary report.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Create tactical marketing plans for specific campaigns in collaboration with cross-functional teams, and successfully manage the execution of those plans.
- Create and implement direct response tactics, like direct mail but may include other tactics as well.
- Manage large volumes of direct mail.
- Coordinate with internal strategy teams on identifying segments and proper messaging unique to direct mail.
- Drive call volume growth through direct response tactics while maintaining the overall brand.
- Partner with field marketing organizations to design local and national marketing programs across multiple channels.
- Develop effective marketing tactics for local marketing and sales initiatives that are in alignment with the overall brand.
- Employ strong project management skills, demonstrating the ability to set and meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining accuracy and efficiency in deliverables.
- Keep Managers apprised of potential risks and other key nuances which may impact projects.
- Manage agency relationships.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to manage large volumes of direct mail while performing A/B tests
- Possess a good understanding of direct mail segmentation
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback in a constructive way
- Must possess a high-level of proficiency in PowerPoint and all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to efficiently manage resources and prioritize tasks
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to translate requests into tight deliverables, assumptions and timelines
- Industry experience in consumer technology or related industries; 4+ years
- Experience in managing large volumes of direct mail while performing A/B tests; 4+ years
- Experience in managing major advertising campaigns, including direct response
- Bachelor's degree or higher in marketing, business, communications or related field
Related Work Experience
- Experience in brand management a plus
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go