Program Manager - Learning and Training
Spectrum’s growth and success in an ever-evolving technology landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Supporting the technology means supporting the people who make it possible. Human Resources brings together industry knowledge and insightful candidate analysis to recruit the brightest talent and provide them with essential resources. The Business Planning and Support team leverages a deep understanding of the organization, its technical capabilities, and complex operational and financial analysis goals. Together we keep the organization on track with processes, creating specs to meet changing technologies, converting strategy into solutions.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Net Ops Business Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 10/19/2020 Requisition Number: 269137BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: IT Management/Project Management, L&D/Training Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for managing the consistent implementation and delivery of training and performance improvements. Engage with vendors and business leaders to design, develop, and execute strategies relating to training needs for Network Operations. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Consult with business leaders on to coordinate development needs and implementation of multiple training initiatives.
- Provides purpose, guidance and motivation to team members. Tracks project statuses; adjusts team member assignments and resource allocations to ensure project objectives are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manages, plans, monitors, and evaluate technical training programs across all Network Operations verticals.
- Partners with business leaders to design, develop and manage internal learning programs.
- Partner across the Talent and Corporate Learning Solutions team to support the implementation of projects and initiatives
- Guides and reinforces project management best practices. Applies lessons learned from previous projects. Ensures compliance with vertical policies, procedures and practices.
- Remain up-to-date on new developments, methods and techniques in the learning and development field
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Project management experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Training & Development experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Management experience
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Able to deal with the public in a professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate with all levels of executive, management and company personnel
- Able to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Manage multiple projects to meet target dates for implementation
- Operate personal computer, spreadsheet application, database, windows
- Prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Knowledge of leadership development assessments
- Able to work independently
- Lead and manage others
- Advanced skills in evaluating the impact of training initiatives
- Advanced knowledge in teambuilding, relationship building, facilitation and presentation
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and facilitation techniques
- Ability to use computer and software applications (i.e., MS Office)
- Knowledge of technical training and vendor certification paths (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, AWS, ITIL)
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum
- Office environment
- Flexibility to work extended hours
- 10-15% travel
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
At Spectrum I can work autonomously and promote my own success. There's versatility, so I don't come in and do the same thing every day. I enjoy my work and feel challenged. My goal is to move into executive management, and it feels as if the opportunities are endless.Sam, Manager, Supply Chain
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Learn more about our growing Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.