Senior Director, Business Planning - Network Operations GroupApply Now Date posted 01/10/2019 Requisition Number: 233462BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Executive Management, Finance/Accounting, Procurement/Purchasing, Project/Program Management, Strategic Planning, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for supporting the operational and financial planning and analysis needs of the Network Operations business unit. Responsible for budgeting and forecasting, and monthly financial controlling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build budget models for expenses and capital for assigned business unit, and once reviewed load into corporate budget application. Develop supporting budget schedules for headcount, assigned business unit’s specific categories, and other identified categories. Provide ad hoc reports that are needed to review and analyze budgeted information.
- Oversee the month end close review, ensuring that accruals are accurate and complete. Lead the monthly review of expenses and capital to budget and forecast, and explain variances with operational analytics and insight to assigned business unit leadership and the finance group.
- Working with work channel leaders, compile forecast models on a quarterly basis and create reports to do a rolling forecast each month to provide financial visibility.
- Provide financial analysis specific to the needs of the assigned business unit.
- Work with accounting to ensure proper accounting treatment for capital versus expense coding of initiatives.
- Approve POs and Personnel Request Forms for new headcount and ensure they are within budget.
- Provide monthly certification to accuracy of financial reports, and respond of auditor requests on financials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum ten (10) years Business analysis and planning experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years Financial control, budget and forecasting experience
- Minimum four (4) years Management experience
- Solid financial management skills including forecasting, budgeting planning and, above all, a keen business acumen.
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with mix of entrepreneurial and controllership skills.
- Strong knowledge of MIS and reporting systems.
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Operations experience a plus.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go