Senior Product Analyst - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 04/07/2019 Requisition Number: 232999BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Business Affairs/Development/Analysis, Finance/Accounting, Product Management, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a data analysis expert with a love for obtaining business insights from data?
- Do you love solving complexing business problems through analysis?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
The Senior Product Analyst is responsible analyzing Spectrum Enterprise Voice related data to gain useful insights and effectively communicate this knowledge to the product management team. This position reports directly to the Director of Enterprise Voice Product Development and will act as the reporting lead for the team. The ideal candidate possesses an essential understanding of company-wide business processes, ensures team organization and is prepared for all process, reporting, budgetary, and business planning requests. They possess the ability to be thorough and meticulous, with an eye for detail, and must apply logic and knowledge of the business to identify and correct inaccuracies in reports and presentations. This person may participate in projects related to business process, product lifecycle management, and product development.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Child Care Assistance
- Flexible Vacations and Paid Time Off
- Assemble, examine, refine, validate, document and maintain complex data for the Spectrum Enterprise Voice line of business
- Create and maintain discrete product trending dashboards for utilization by the working team and the executive team
- Models and forecast business trends based on historical data sets and planned product changes or feature launches.
- Maintain an understanding of products and components
- Perform ad hoc data analysis as needed
- Manage capital initiative and department expense budgets, including forecasts, funding requests, PO creation, invoice tracking, cost allocation, and reporting as necessary
- Models and forecasts business trends based on historical data sets and planned product changes or feature launches
- Maintains proficiency with a third-party reporting system
- May generate requirements documentation, with minimal direction, through facilitated work sessions or individual interviews with sponsors and stakeholders and manage changes to those requirements.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and create recommendations
- Ability to define key performance indicators / metrics
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to quickly become subject matter expert on multiple databases and reporting tools
- Ability to document, prepare and present data-driven presentations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to manage and assign multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate and contribute cross-functionally, and within a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Highly motivated and talented with an interest in technology, a love for great products, and strong business acumen
- Excellent analytical ability is a must
- Expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Business Analysis or Data Science Experience 5+ years
- Product management and/or product development experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Related industry experience (Cable, Telecommunications, Software/Online Services) 1-3 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (required)
- Project Management certification (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go