Spectrum Sr Mgr, Analytics & ReportingApply Now Date posted 12/07/2017 Requisition Number: 209073BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Marketing, Other, Research and Development, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for managing a program of business unit-focused initiatives designed to help the business unit drive value from information. The role will contribute to Charter’s success by ensuring business needs and goals are realized through analysis, business trending and reporting activities. This position manages a small team of analysts who provide concise, high-quality information, leveraging it to identify and address business opportunities and threats. Responsible for developing reporting solutions and establishing team processes and measurement protocols. Enforce data integrity and accuracy of operational databases.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Provides expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of business data.
- Oversees the tracking/reporting of data to assess business unit performance. Communicates data nuances and insights in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides leadership in defining business-critical metrics and analyses that drives the business forward.
- Develops analytic standards for measuring performance, leading teams to consensus around analytic approaches and development of reporting priorities across key initiatives.
- Ensures a consistent and efficient set of information and metrics permeates all levels of the business unit across the enterprise.
- Instills best practices across the company using analytical tools and philosophies from front-line employee to executive leadership.
- Maintains a strong understanding of various relational databases, contributing to strategies that enhance data. Support business unit organizations by sharing knowledge and training in regards to reporting platforms.
- Ensures that the data mining architecture evolves to continue to provide fact-based decision making, sophisticated ad hoc capabilities, and fresh insight into performance.
- Provides information requested by business users by using data queries.
- Presents data in a fashion that is easy to understand with proper documentation for successful user adoption.
- Creates metadata dictionaries of new facts and summaries.
- Completes status updates on critical initiatives in a timely manner.
- Manages the delivery of critical projects through scope/requirement setting by working with the development team to provide information requested, conducting user acceptance testing and packaging the final product for end-user adoption.
- Develops internal partnerships to ensure accuracy and functionality of data collection platforms, functionality of reporting tools, and overall collaboration of all necessary reporting functions.
- Consolidates redundant reporting and ensures that information is used consistently and efficiently across the business unit.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to executive leadership team on performance/results.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience and passion for leveraging data to drive significant business impact
- Ability to speak to large groups with advanced presentation skills
- Ability to perform critical thinking in the area of data analysis and process
- Proven leadership and ability to coach and develop a team
- Possess the intellectual curiosity to work through ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects/assignments
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Access
- Must have a strong command of database concepts and exceptional SQL skills
- Experience working with one or many business intelligence platforms
- Knowledge of dimensional and relational data modeling
- Knowledge of CRM tools (SalesForce, Siebel)
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy
- Ability to understand business uses of data and put together specifications for data design and development
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems or Business Administration or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Data analytics, operational reporting 6-7
Supervisory experience 3+
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go