Sr. Data and Reporting AnalystApply Now Date posted 09/06/2019 Requisition Number: 242916BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
This position leads development and analysis of new Credit Services strategies, partnering with Credit Services subject matter experts, as well as operations partners to create new approaches and improve risk mitigation performance. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating the quantitative analysis necessary for data-driven business recommendations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create conceptual frameworks enabling the analysis of varied business problems
Gather business requirements. This individual will need to be able to quickly assimilate and organze large amounts of new information and produce professional products (using Microsfot Office tools)
Develop/select methodologies to derive answers to business problems.
Design and implement tests to determine strategy effectiveness, and analyze the results to develop recommendations on future strategy.
Use statistical techniques to build various predictive/explanatory models for such initiatives as: acquisition/risk management, customer retention, timeline events, and customer segmentation
Analyze data to provide meaningful insights. This individual must have strong data manipulation and interpretation skills, and be able to quantitatively assess business problems.
Create and maintain dashboards to periodically report on key risks and performance metrics
Professional present and articulate the business value of complicated analysis to a diverse group of stakeholders
Create presentations to help illustrate data in ways that are appropriate and easy for stakeholders to understand.
Clearly communicate analysis and complex concepts to non-subject matter experts orally and in writing.
Conduct interactions with a high degree of professionalism, using an interpersonal communication style that promotes progress through teamwork in a collaborative manner.
Provide leadership as a mentor to team analysts and cross-functional resources.
Perform other duties as may be requested by manager
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Advance skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, proactive and results driven
- Knowledge of ICOMS Billing System
- Customer behavior modeling and scoring, especially in payment services or collections
- Data visualization such as Micro Strategy and/or Tableau
- Knowledge of basic ETL concepts and systems (SSIS, Informatica)
- Ability to create conceptual frameworks enabling the analysis of varied business problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, Cable billing system, etc)
- Ability to research and analyze data as well as understand and document results, including the use of trend analysis
- Knowledge of database or data analysis skills in the Telecommunications or related industry
- Rapid data discovery and prototyping skills
- Identify possible exceptions based on key risk factors
- Ability to adapt to change
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of customer relations
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering, paired with work experience.
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years - Analytical and Reporting experience
- 5+ years - Experience with SAS, SAS Macro, SAS Stat, Python or other analysis software
- 5+ years - Data analytical skills using SQL, T-SQL, or PL/SQL (SQL Server or Oracle), NoSQL, Hadoop
- 5+ years - Writing queries using SQL language
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.