Sr. Manager, Marketing & Creative Strategy - Direct MailApply Now Date posted 01/14/2019 Requisition Number: 225704BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Zip Code: 06901 Area of Interest: Direct Marketing, Marketing, Promotions/Advertising, Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice Company. Plus, we’ve now launched SPECTRUM Mobile. We’re at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect more than 26 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our employees. Join our Team as we continue to grow and to bring SPECTRUM to the communities we serve.
“Charter’s 94,000 employees are the keys to its success. Through quality craftsmanship we take pride in providing industry-leading products and services for our customers. There’s an exciting future ahead for Charter. I invite you to help us create it.”
- Tom Rutledge, President & CEO
The Senior Manager, Marketing & Creative Strategy - Direct Mail position is responsible for the strategic development, oversight and execution of effective advertising strategies and tactics to drive company growth.
In this role you will lead direct mail campaigns and projects from inception to completion, including post campaign analysis and summary report. This position is also tasked with managing programs to positively impact consumer/customer perception of Charter's brand.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Create tactical marketing plans for specific mail campaigns in collaboration with cross-functional teams, and successfully manage the execution of those plans.
- Lead work with outside ad agencies to develop, coordinate and implement enterprise-wide marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Manage agency relationships.
- Create and implement direct mail campaigns.
- Lead creative strategy for direct mail, including testing strategy, implementation and process.
- Coordinate with internal strategy teams on identifying segments and proper messaging unique to particular sales channels.
- Drive call volume growth through direct mail while maintaining the overall brand.
- Employ strong project management skills, demonstrating the ability to set and meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining accuracy and efficiency in deliverables.
- Keep Managers apprised of potential risks and other key nuances which may impact projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience in developing direct mail campaigns for the following purposes: acquisition, upgrade/cross-sell/upsell and direct response marketing.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, and continually evolve creative strategy based on key learnings.
- Strong leadership capabilities that allow one to have extensive impact and influence in a collaborative fashion.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (Outlook, Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of cable television products and services.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Marketing and/or advertising experience in consumer tech/service industries; 7+ years
- Experience in managing direct mail campaigns; 4+ years
- Marketing project management experience
- Cable industry experience preferred
- Office work environment
- May require occasional travel
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go