Inside Sales Representative - SMB
Syracuse, New York
Are you ready for your next big opportunity? Spectrum, America’s fastest growing TV, Internet and Voice company, is proud to offer our Inside Sales Representatives a chance to transform knowledge of our exceptional product suite into consistent tailored solutions with small and medium-sized businesses. No matter your background, we’ll help you develop the skills you need to grow with us, to increase brand and technological awareness, and to create the relationships that lead to a superior customer experience.
- Full Time
- Reliable Work Shift
What makes a successful Spectrum Inside Sales Representative – SMB?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally Savvy
- Results Driven
I have always wanted to work in sales, and I feel blessed to have this job. There is constant motivation and support from management and your peers.Molly, Inbound Sales Representative – SMB
It’s a great feeling when you get to go above and beyond to get a small business up and running with Spectrum services, especially when it’s their Grand Opening.Matt, Inbound Sales Representative – SMB
Inbound Sales & Retention
Learn more about our range of residential, small and midsized business (SMB), and retention representative positions.
Spectrum is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Our organization is filled with a diverse group of hardworking people.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Check out our video and learn what it’s like to be a Spectrum Business Sales Representative!
We encourage the continued education and development of our employees and recognize development through education is an integral part of personal and professional growth.
Charter will provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Health Benefits, Life Insurance, and Disability
Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision), Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
Paid Training and Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays, Personal days, Paid Time Off, Vacation and Sick Time
High Earning Potential
Lucrative commission structure with six figure potential
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 09/04/2019 Requisition Number: 248611BR Location: United States - New York - Syracuse Area of Interest: Customer Service, Inside Sales, Sales Position Type: Full Time
- Full-time junior and midlevel sales roles in the communications and entertainment technology space handling customer service and business-specific product sales for Small and Midsized Business (SMB) customers.
- Inside Sales Representative – SMB: A digitally savvy communicator, organized and results-driven, who thrives in a competitive environment. An effective and composed professional comfortable in a busy office environment.
- Benefits include paid training and time off, comprehensive health packages, retirement savings, free Spectrum services and more. Advancement potential and additional commission bonuses.
What is the Inside Sales Representative – SMB role?
As an SMB Sales Representative, your way with words creates a positive customer experience to help generate sales. You’ll learn how to field customer inquiries and effectively promote Spectrum’s wide variety of business-specific products and services to customers all over the country from one of our comfortable modern call centers. Transition seamlessly between engaging your customers in conversation and operating billing and requisition programs. Build sales proposals, laying out the best plans for your business customers and providing customized support to meet their company’s needs. The Representative’s purpose is clear: We want our customers to get the best value for their investment in us, and you can help them do just that. And with commission bonuses awarded for qualifying sales, you can boost your earnings to six figures here.
It’s all about learning and growing
This may be a new road for you, but the journey is all mapped out. With plenty of dedicated peer and mentor support, our fully paid training programs shape new Representatives into quick-thinking authorities who understand the complexities of business telecom. You’ll learn how to create customized business-centric solutions to improve your customers’ professional experience. We can bring you up to speed on Spectrum’s full line of offerings – and our competitors’ products – in about a month, including telephone, data, wireless, and video. As products are updated, so are you. Soon you’ll be expertly navigating the billing system, submitting new agreements, and streamlining the customer signup process.
With a deliberate path to success
We know that the best people to lead are those who have been down the same road before. Most of our supervisors started as Representatives themselves, proving that career advancement is a very real and achievable goal. Peer-to-peer mentoring and regular coaching sessions ensure you feel supported and have everything you need to succeed. Get started at a Fortune 100 company and see how far you can go.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings plans, comprehensive health care, paid training and time off — we offer free Spectrum products and services, education assistance, child care discounts, and a selection of other programs to help support you and your family.
What’s required to get started?
Minimum requirements for the Inside Sales Representative – SMB are:
- Requires two or more years of sales experience, preferably selling Voice, Data, and Video solutions in the small and midsized business market
- Experienced high performing sales professional with a proven track record of results over an extended period
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently in order to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, straightforward and professional manner
- Strong working knowledge of cable communications products and services to include video (TV), data (internet) and voice (telephone)
- Ability to use computer and appropriate software applications, including billing and other role-related tools
- Excellent skill in adaptability, high impact communication, multi-tasking, reasoning, and tolerance for a structured work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
High School Diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience
Call center sales experience, 2 years preferred
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.