Spectrum Supervisor - Business RetentionApply Now Date posted 09/10/2019 Requisition Number: 248558BR Location: United States - New York - Syracuse Area of Interest: Customer Service, Inside Sales, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Spectrum Supervisor for Business Retention is responsible for managing retention agent in an effort to retain existing customers from disconnecting while retaining and upselling core products ie. Video, Data, and Phone. Coach, monitor, develop, lead, model, motivate, analyze, organize, staff, and train, so that customers, employees, and owners are successful towards our goal of being America’s leading service provider.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise agents to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, professionalism, and courtesy during all retention transactions exists and is sustained.
Consistently meet or exceed weekly and monthly retention activity goals by coaching agents to sound telephone based customer save techniques.
As a result of regular phone monitoring and engagement with the agents, provide regular data-centric feedback to Manager with regard to actionable items to be taken to improve customer experience and improved retention rate.
Ensure that agents are educated on and abide by the business rules surrounding the retaining of a customer. These business rules include but are not limited to extension of promotions, credit usage, and escalation of service-related issues.
Ensure thorough understanding of the agent as well as the supervisor compensation/commission plans in order to coach to specific behaviors that will improve save yield and, therefore, improve commission earnings potential.
Manage agent compliance of call handling metrics to include productive time, schedule adherence, handle time, after call work, an d other metrics as necessary.
Analyze and provide statistically-based recommendations on ways to improve agent save performance.
Manage agents performance by providing frequent coaching based upon call monitoring and save performance.
Provide recommendations on save offers and business rules to support Charter’s strategy.
Master order processing within the billing system regarding all aspects of retained accounts, new sales order entry, account lookup, and other tools and functions as they relate to the retention function.
Acquire, demonstrate and instruct thorough knowledge of competitors’ pricing, packaging, and products in an effort to provide agents with skills needed to discuss side by side comparisons of Charter’s and competitors’ products and services.
Ability to successfully manage difficult customer calls that require issue resolution.
Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to provide coaching and direction for appropriate retention and sales techniques to ensure agents achieve and sustain achievement of stated retention goals
- Strong working knowledge of cable communications products and services to include video (TV), data (internet), and voice (telephone)
- Strong computer and consumer electronics skills
- Ability to use personal computer and appropriate software applications to include billing system and other role-related tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include presenting materials in front of an audience
- Ability to effectively handle irate customers while attempting to resolve stated issues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain high level of self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
Minimum of Associates college degree in marketing, sales or related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
3-5 years of call center experience in the areas of customer service and/or phone sales
Variable hours; may include weekends, holidays, and split days off
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.