Video Editor - Spectrum Networks SyracuseApply Now Date posted 11/18/2020 Requisition Number: 270189BR Location: United States - New York - Syracuse Area of Interest: Editorial, News, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Spectrum Networks is looking for a Video Editor to edit video packages. Includes scripts for special content, politics and breaking news. This may relate to important daily news coverage, franchise, feature, or special event coverage and documentaries.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transcode and convert content to be used for editing.
- Edit voice-overs, sound bites, packages and shows for air.
- Use creativity and sound news judgment to create interesting content.
- Make certain all video and sound meet quality standards. Maintain and enhance established editorial tone and company/network/program image. Ensure photographic and media quality.
- Conceptualize story presentation with correspondents, photographers, producers and management staff.
- Analyze subject material, select equipment, lighting, angle and background; select and present subject to achieve desired effect, with attention to lighting, background composition and style.
- Choose and utilize a wide variety of photographic equipment, including lenses, lightings, filters, etc.
- Use photo software to modify and create images meeting defined style requirements; edit and enhance images; apply special effects and color correction as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot technical issues with editing software and equipment
- Ability to read video scopes and audio levels
- Understanding of digital workflows and file-based delivery
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in news editing
- 3 years’ experience in long form/ magazine/ documentaries
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.