2020 Summer Intern: Associate Business AnalystApply Now Date posted 02/20/2020 Requisition Number: 252655BR Location: United States - Missouri - Town and Country Area of Interest: Information Technology Services, Internship Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Information Technology
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Serve as a trusted liaison to the business, utilizing business relationship management skills to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Responsible for facilitating discussions with the business sponsors and IT delivery leads to develop and approve projects, as well as communicating the project definition and approval status to executive leadership
- Supports IT delivery by determining staffing needs and submitting the necessary requests to ensure projects are staffed appropriately
- Under general supervision work with business stakeholders analyze business operations and recommend solutions to align individual business functions with organizational goals
- Work on gaining understanding of the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and assist in recommending solutions to improve general business processes and planning
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and present data related to current and future operation
- Create reports, charts, graphs and presentations to aid in proposing new strategies for successful business changes
- Develop project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs
- Analyze external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and assist in developing actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis
- May make recommendations for solutions or improvements that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to quickly identify business problems/opportunities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Basic understanding of core business processes and existing system capabilities
- Basic ability to communicate with senior levels of management
- Basic knowledge of business analysis and consulting skills
- Basic ability to focus on the customer experience
- Basic ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization
- Basic ability to operate with a sense of urgency and commitment
- Basic ability to think strategically and build trust
- Basic knowledge of the organization’s structure
- Champions integrity, respect, accountability, and teamwork
- Understands how his/her job fits into the organization, and how the job impacts others Portfolio & Process
- Manages a portfolio of a minimum of 5 Intake project
- Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Follows established processes in an accurate and timely manner
- Completes required administrative processes on time, per management instructions (timecard, time off, Clarity portfolio administration)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.