Data ArchitectApply Now Date posted 04/16/2019 Requisition Number: 239617BR Location: United States - Missouri - Town and Country Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering Position Type: Full Time
The Data Architect will be responsible for end-to-end vision on how a logical design will translate to one or more data repositories and how the data will flow through the stages involved. The architect will need to be able to address issues of data migration, validation, cleanup, and mapping, and will need to understand the importance of data dictionaries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain data structures which draw information from multiple sources of data such as corporate databases, corporate data warehouses and field operational data stores.
- Design, deliver, and document multi-platform architecture with a focus on architectural standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability and security.
- Partner with the IT/BI team and cross functionally within the organization to provide insight and technology recommendations that result in enterprise solutions that solve critical business problems.
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate--quickly troubleshoot problems with data generation and reporting to correct problems with a minimum of downtime in the process.
- Work with vendors to develop metadata structures for two-way data communications which allow interchange between existing and new data sources.
- Recommend and implement new ways of exchanging data with corporate or field customers using network or web based reports, forms or files.
- Generate new data products for data licensing which fit client requirements.
- Manage the transfer from prototype to scheduled report.
- Oversee the use of corporate data to create reports in Excel, Tableau and other reporting tools.
- Identify desktop tools which will improve reporting or data gathering ability. Evaluate and recommend purchase if necessary.
- Quickly learn new tools (desktop or external) which enhance the department’s ability to gather, process, or report data. Integrate these tools with existing structures to improve information flow.
- Use knowledge of business processes to work with personnel in Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operational disciplines. Be able to quickly understand their problems and devise solutions.
- Design and help develop ETL, replication schemes, and query optimization techniques that support highly-varied (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured) and high-velocity (near real-time) data processing and delivery.
- Develop standards and methodologies for benchmarking, performance, evaluation, testing, data security and data privacy.
- Perform impact analysis, performance tuning, and capacity planning for the data warehouse and its infrastructure as source systems are added and new integration business rules and logic are introduced.
- Provide recommendations, technical direction and leadership for different technologies as part of the overall architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Relational Database Management Systems solutions such as Access, SQL and Oracle.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Designing databases.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in large relational database deployment experience.
- Advanced Knowledge of Tables, Queries and Views in MS SQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge of Relational Data Modeling, Database design, and analysis of data requirements and sources.
- Experience in architecture and building procedures, functions, views, and triggers with SQL relational databases.
- Proficient in complex database concepts and effectively employ different database design techniques.
- Ability to program in post-gres Sql and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PP, Access, Visio).
- Ability to work independently and as a team player with minimal supervision and effectively meet project deliverables on time.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, critical thinking and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Knowledge of report design.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel, make decisions and solve problems while working under strict deadlines.
- Capable of prioritizing and organizing effectively and to maintain confidentiality.
- Shows judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
- Knowledge of cable and telecommunications products and services.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum implementation teams.
- Experience with big data and KAFKA knowledge.
- Office Environment
- Travel as required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go