Network Engineer IApply Now Date posted 09/11/2019 Requisition Number: 247701BR Location: United States - Missouri - Town and Country Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems basic to moderate complexity. Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of network architecture and designs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Intermediate Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Networking)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Intermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Intermediate Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Intermediate knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
0 - 2 years data network experience
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
May work in Network Lab environment
24X7 Network Operations environment. Depending on business group, on-call work may be an essential function of the job.
Occasional travel as required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.