Associate Desktop Support SpecialistApply Now Date posted 11/30/2019 Requisition Number: 252925BR Location: United States - South Carolina - West Columbia Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Provide basic desktop support on a variety of issues through identification, research, and resolution of technical problems. Manage assigned helpdesk tickets and phone calls using best practices, excellent communications skills and IT department procedures to perform technical support. Review and complete assigned tickets within established Service Level Agreements (SLA). Promote excellent customer relations in every customer transaction, contact and communication.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Perform general technical support and troubleshooting of desktop systems hardware and software, local telephony, truck systems, printers, multi-function printers, scanners, video conferencing systems, mobile devices and other technologies as defined and required.
- Investigate system issues and provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system tools and established methods and procedures. Document solutions and maintain helpdesk ticket information and transactions as required and within established SLA.
- Work with desktop engineering to refine desktop configurations. Plan, test and implement new or revised desktop solutions.
- Work with the team to resolve low level hardware and software issues.
- Resolve basic problems, provide remote assistance, document and manage tickets as call load dictates and within defined SLA.
- Participate in desktop, peripheral, building moves, additions, support and other projects as defined and required.
- Work with Desktop Engineering to maintain accurate hardware and software inventories.
- Complete assigned project task of low to medium complexity resulting in successful, on time, high quality deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Minimum A+ or Net+ or one higher technical certification
- Technical understanding of the Internet, URLs, and email. Experience with common enterprise infrastructure protocols and services including LAN/WAN, Active Directory, networking and Voice over IP
- Proficiency with using Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OSX, and Windows Mobile operating systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Active Directory & DNS
- PC hardware & Network connectivity
- Telecommunications principles
- Usage of Altiris CMS and Service Desk
- McAfee Antivirus software
- PGP Encryption software
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- A valid driver’s license as well as a good driving record is required
Associate’s degree. College technical school degree or equivalent work experience is required.
Related Work Experience
1 year Desktop support experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
CompTIA A+ is a plus
Computer Science or MIS Technical Certification
Travel may be required to remote area locations as required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.