Sales Support Intern - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 01/22/2019 Requisition Number: 234359BR Location: United States - South Carolina - West Columbia Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Digital, Internship/Trainee, Promotions/Advertising, Sales Position Type: Intern
- This position is part of our Paid Internship Program.
- Internship has potential to last through December 2019. However, your performance will be evaluated every 10 weeks.
- You can work minimal hours during the school year. Summer hours must match our Summer full-time program.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater
- You must currently be enrolled in a local educational institution
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
As an essential team member supporting Account Executives and Account Planners, this position is responsible for providing post-sale, end to end workflow support, to ensure effective campaign delivery for the Spectrum Reach clients. The position plays an essential role in ensuring accuracy and follow-through of order entry related to advertising campaigns.
- Assist Account Executives handle revisions, make-goods, and order entry for each contract
- Accurately enter orders for linear and digital advertising schedules to include tracking campaigns from start to finish
- Communicate with Account Executive on client campaign status
- Work cross functionally with Operations/traffic team (and copy changes) as needed, making sure to meet internal deadlines.
- Supports Account Executives with new product roll outs/initiatives
- Work with Sales Managers to generate leads
- Work with the Account Executive to contact clients @ 60 days past due.
- Work with the Account Executive to ensure billings do not reach 120 days.
- Update and maintain carded/master client lists.
- Document and assign sales call-ins as instructed by management.
- Perform as back-up for Account Executives with clients and others when they are out of office and unavailable.
- Assist management with tracking of Regional Sales Initiatives.
- Perform clerical functions for Account Executives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong desire to work in Advertising Sales
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and other computer software.
- Must have strong verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must have the ability to follow through on multiple tasks
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.