Spectrum Digital Sales Representative (Chat)Apply Now Date posted 02/16/2020 Requisition Number: 258039BR Location: United States - South Carolina - West Columbia Area of Interest: Customer Service, Inside Sales, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Spectrum Digital Sales Representative (Chat) maximizes sales opportunities by responding to digital sales via inbound live chats in an effort to acquire new customers, and solicit existing customers by selling them other products and services (i.e. video, data, phone and mobile).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Respond to digital sales live chats promptly and proficiently
Answer all customer product and service questions, assist the customer in placing their order, and validate complete orders that are placed via chat
Manage concurrent chats
Sell all available product offers associated with Charter Communication current product offerings.
Follows escalation procedures, as needed
Completes, processes, and maintains applicable paperwork and records. This includes entering of orders into the applicable systems.
Work on fallout orders from the portal; i.e., credit card failed to authorize, site survey needed, etc.
For fallout orders, place an outbound call to the customer at point of failure or work with the divisions to address billing system issues
Provide high-level written communication in a courteous manner
Sell products and services to prospective customers and develop new revenue from existing customers by selling additional products and services through use of recommended sales techniques
Understand and explain to customers all products and services
Promote and communicate to customers current marketing campaigns and promotions
Place new installation orders; schedule appointments accordingly; prepare associated paperwork for work orders; input orders into computer system
Perform other duties as required by supervisor
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Strong reading comprehension and written communication skills
- Exceptional typing skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language (or applicable language) to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and appropriate software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, cable billing system)
- Ability to apply appropriate sales techniques
- Ability to perform job at workstation for prolonged periods of time
- Strong working knowledge of cable communications products and services to include video (TV), data (internet), voice (telephone), and mobile (cell phone)
- Previous experience in chat support is a plus
- Must pass pre-hire exam
- Goal and detail oriented
- Quick thinker, likes challenges, goal oriented, ambitious, determined and self-confident
- Self-starter and team player
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Problem solver approach to sales and research
- Demonstrates self-control and patience
- Able to adapt quickly to a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to multiplex between the necessary desktop tools and customer response
- Ability to multi-task while navigating the appropriate desktop tools to obtain the necessary information or process the appropriate orders
High school diploma or equivalent
Associates’ degree (AA) from a two-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Related Work Experience
1-2 years: Sales
Variable hours; may include weekends and split days off
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.