SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Network Operations Summer Internship Program for 2018 is now open to ambitious and committed graduate students looking to gain hands on technical experience and professional experience in a learning environment.
This internship will give student the advantage of accessing our online learning platforms and mentorship program to grow their skills exponentially while working directly with respected industry leaders. Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that allow us to serve our customers. Here you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Spectrum provides.
Positions will be full time and will span a minimum of 10 weeks (June 2018-August 2018) for graduate or undergraduate students pursuing majors related to the business/position they will be in.
The Network Operations (NetOps) Internship Program is designed to be mutually beneficial to the business and the participating interns. The objective includes:
• Providing a platform for interns to gain on the job experience and utilize the knowledge they gained in their respective programs
• Training and developing a new pipeline of talent that understand the NetOps process and will be ready to hit the ground running should they be offered full time positions
• Introducing new talent into the business that will be able to give a fresh perspective on our business and processes
• The opportunity to select high flyers who could possibly move into the management pipeline within the organization
Internship Type: The NetOps team has opted to participate in a paid internship type program and offer students a well – managed position which will provide learning and development as well as the possibility for full time employment opportunities.
Application Platform Operations (APO)
Responsible for the ongoing operation of application platforms in the network, including the following:
• Network Security
• Email/ Portals
• Data Implementation Centers
Video Operations (VO)
Responsible for operating the video ecosystem at Charter and includes the following:
• Video Core
• Video Systems
• Planning and Implementation
• Video Operations Support
Net Tech Ops
Network Technology Operations (NTO) manages the technological components in the network. Specific areas under NTO:
• IP Management
• Voice Operations
• Circuit Operations
• Network Implementations
• Wireless Operations
Core and Backbone Operations (CBO)
Responsible for the IP and optical network that provides high capacity communication. The core/backbone provides aggregation, authentication and routing. Specific areas under CBO:
• Core Optical Network Operations including Regional/Metro
• Core IP Network Operations including Regional/Metro
• Operations Engineering
• Backbone and Data Center Operations
While there is no promise or implied promise of a regular job at the end of the internship program, a permanent placement is the goal of the program.