The Applicant Experience
Also check out our Interview Tips for helpful hints on acing that face-to-face.
There's a lot of uncertainty when you're looking for a new job. We understand. Here's a quick overview of what you can expect when you apply for a role at Spectrum.
- Make sure your resume is up-to-date, reflecting your professional skills, your experience, and any additional helpful information about what you bring to your position of interest.
Complete an Online Application
- You can request an accommodation with the application process. Please refer to the Accessibility Link at the bottom of the Spectrum Careers page.
- Please note: When you complete an online application, depending on the position, it can take as little as one day or up to a few weeks to review.
- Applications for some positions may include an assessment of job-related skills and competencies. You will know during the application process if a skills assessment is required for the position(s) you’re considering. For more information, see Accessing Your Assessment below.
- For some roles, a recruiter may call the applicant to ask a few introductory questions. If your skills and experience match the job to which you've applied, you may receive an invitation to attend a formal interview during this pre-screen.
- Interviews can be conducted in person, by phone, or even over video chat. Be sure to speak with the recruiter about times convenient for you; we don't want you to feel rushed or unprepared.
- At the time of your interview, be ready to share relevant stories about yourself and your professional experience. Have a copy of your resume handy so you can refer to it if needed.
Hang In There
- You can check the status of your application at any time. Go to jobs.spectrum.com, click on the "Already Applied" link at the top of the window, and log in to your Spectrum Candidate Profile. You can check your Job Submission Status there by following the "Applications" tab to the "Submitted Applications" drop-down menu. If you’re the most qualified candidate, you will hear back from your recruiter with a conditional job offer after a period of a few days to a few weeks depending on the position. No matter what, you will hear back from a Spectrum recruiter about your application.
- Having trouble logging in? See our Login Troubleshooting information below!
- If you’re ready to accept the offer, the recruiter will explain this next part of the process. Background, motor vehicle (where applicable) and drug screening tests are standard and take about 10 days to two weeks to complete. They’re completely confidential, and your recruiter will only know if they are approved to continue your onboarding.
Your First Day
- After you pass all of these steps, your designated recruiter will send an official offer of employment and a welcome letter with details for your first day. Congratulations, and welcome to Spectrum!
If you're having trouble accessing your account, there are a few things you can do.
- Candidate Profile passwords expire after 90 days. If you can't access the site, you may need to update yours.
- When logging in to your Candidate Profile, we recommend that you do not let the browser auto-populate (remember) your password. Retype it every time you visit to avoid getting “locked out.”
- If you forgot your username or password, you can reset your login information at any time using the “Forgot Username or Password?” link and following the instructions provided.
- If you tried signing in three times without success, you will likely get a message telling you you’ve been locked out. To sign back in:
1. Clear your browser’s Internet cache and cookies, then close the browser. (You can also try using a different browser to access your Candidate Profile.)
2. Wait at least 20 minutes before opening the browser and attempting to log in again.
3. If you still can't access the site, reset your login information using the "Forgot Username or Password?" link. You will receive an email with further instructions to reset your password.
- Use your new or temporary password to log in by following the "Sign In" link at the top of the page.
Accessing Your Assessment
Some roles require applicants to complete a skills assessment before continuing on to an interview. If you’re applying to one of these roles and are unable to take the assessment at the time of application, or if you have already begun the assessment but closed out the application window, you can access or continue taking the assessment by following these steps:
- Click on the "Already Applied?" link at the top of this page.
- Sign in to your account. Be sure to use the same user name and password that you used to submit the initial application. If you have any trouble, see Login Troubleshooting, above.
- Once you’re signed in, click on the Candidate Zone drop-down menu at the top of the page and select “Assessments.”
- When the assessment page loads, click on the “Start” or “Continue” button to launch your assessment(s).
Please note: These assessments are an essential part of the application process. Make sure you're in a place where you can give the process your full attention, without interruption. Use a desktop or laptop computer, not a mobile device or tablet.